Friday, June 5, 2009

Some of My Favorite People

I have lots of people I love-but my brother definitely ranks near the top of my heart! My handsome brother, his beautiful wife and three cute sons are making their way to my parent's home today for vacation. I have been thinking about them and praying for them often today as they travel...so thought I would let you "see" them.

My brother was very good to me growing up and we were very close. We enjoyed getting to spend several years in college together before we both got married and went our separate ways. He made me laugh at his corny jokes, but more importantly, he taught me to laugh at myself and not get so uptight about things.

But my favorite "brother" memory happened the day he got his first car. I am older and had my license for a few years before Rob got his, but had never had my own car. (That never concerned me as I didn't need one.) Rob bought a car to take to college as a young man really needs one. I was excited for him and his big purchase. I was at work when he and my parents went to pick up his car. When I got home, the car was in the driveway and Rob was at work. I went in the house and went to my room. There was a set of keys hanging on a nail on my door. I was surprised and asked my brother about the keys when he got home. He told me he wanted me to have the keys so I could use his car whenever I wanted! I remember feeling so loved that day. A guy's first car is a monumental event in his life...and he wanted to share it with his sister! I have nominated him for the "Brothers Hall of Fame"-or I would if there was one. ;)

His wife is wonderful and highly talented, but most importantly is dedicated to God and husband. She is a great Mom to her three boys and lets them be just that--boys. I love her and am glad she is in my life.


Hello to my handsome nephews! Aunt Jennie loves and misses you so very much! Have a great time at Grandpa's and Grandma's house. And remind Grandpa that big, gooey donuts are the breakfast of champions! Also, get Grandpa to tell you bedtime stories-they are the best!


Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jennie, what a great picture of Rob and Angie. I haven't seen him in so long, and I don't think he has changed one bit. I love the picture of his sons. They are just beautiful. If you talk to him this week, tell him I said hello.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet!

    I wanted to also Rachel did a great job playing the piano. I enjoyed watching that.

    ~~Love ya,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to hear those kind brother stories. And nice to see their pictures as well. Of course I had Angie for a lot of classes. It's kind of funny-- because I think of her as a prissy kind of gal, just like myself! And we both ended up with three boys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie