Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My View

It rained on and off all day yesterday...and we awoke today to more of the same. That is fine with me as it is soothing to hear raindrops dropping on your windows as you work. I also love the scent in the air during a good rain.

I spend a great deal of time looking out my windows. I pause often in my household duties to take in the nature God has surrounded my home in. I love the wildlife I get to observe from my front row seat! I included a couple of the views I enjoy on a daily basis. These pictures are a part of what means home to me.


My kittens spend alot of time looking out of the windows, too. I believe they spend their time looking out for a different reason. They desire to be outside! They continually watch the birds. They explore the door areas anytime someone goes in or outside. We must be careful to latch the screen door so they won't escape.

We do not keep our kittens in the house to make their lives miserable or dull. Just the opposite is true! I have lived in this home on and off for the past 21 years. In that time we have lost a few animals to the road we live on. On the other side of our beautiful trees is a major thoroughfare between two cities. Many trucks go through at 55 miles per hour. An animal on the road is almost always roadkill. We love our kittens and want what is best for them for the long haul . I am not overly concerned with giving them their every desire and whim.

Yet, as I watched my kittens at the windows again-dissatisfied and wanting more-I was struck by how often I do this to God. I think I know what is best for me and my family. I want it now. I need it for my happiness. I could serve God better if...and on my reasons go. But God truly knows what is best-and sometimes the best thing for me is "no". I cannot see the whole picture. I do not know the destruction of others before me who did their own thing. And though I know in my mind that God knows best...and though I say that I trust Him, you can often find me pacing the windows of my heart still longing to go out. To have what I want now.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Philippians 4:11

May I learn to "rest, and be still" as the book of Jeremiah admonishes. God always knows what best. May He inscribe it on my heart.



Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie