Friday, June 26, 2009

Army Climbers

Our oldest two sons have a wonderful Sunday School teacher. He really knows how to capture the hearts and minds of boys. They love to learn from him! The theme of his class is "army" and the boys have won various army gear from him in his promotions the last few years. Today they took their gear and hiked up Mt. Pisgah. (400 ft. elevation)

The boys played around the property while we waited for the rest of the boys and chaperones to arrive. I took some pictures of the partial group...
Playing in the woods...
I am about to be attacked!
After they left my little guys were at a bit of a loss...they were not quite sure what to do with themselves. (Later, Daddy took us for a drive and to get an ice cream from the best ice cream place in the world--Daddy to the rescue! I love you, Sweetheart!)


Zachary was kind enough to bring me some pictures of their day. The boys had a cookout at the top. The boys cut their own sticks and roasted hot dogs. There is a fire tower that you can climb. It has stairs and is an all metal structure. It goes up 60 feet and there is a trap door in the platform. All the boys went up...except Ricky. For those of you who know him, he has a fear of heights. He did decide to go up though because he strives hard to conquer this. When I saw the picture of him at the top I was so proud of him. I knew about the tower, but never expected him to go up. Way to go, Buddy! (By the look on his face I think he is holding on for dear life!)

Amos is always hanging around!
Ryan with some of his buddies.

The boys even caught a snake. Then they came back to the church and played football. They will talk about this day for years to come.

Praise God for godly influences in the lives of my children. Thank you, Lord, for those willing to sacrifice and invest in others.


Thanks for stopping by,



By the way, if you have a few minutes and want some good, clean fun--check out the youth conference link on the side bar.

3 comments:

  1. What fun! So neat for them to have stuff like that to do! Great Pics! And great job on your boy going up there even when he is scared of heights! I am TOO! =) Looked like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are so much fun, aren't they? The older my guys get, the more I enjoy the way they play.
    Looks like they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricky must take after his grandfather!

    Oh and (in case you hadn't seen) my old blog is...shall we say ....a lost cause. My new one is http://bostongirlyatheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie