Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jack!

I know the picture is a bit grainy, but it is the last six year old photo I will ever take of this precious guy...


It truly is difficult to believe that Jack is 7!

All of our children are uniquely special and completely loved, but it is Jack's day and I will brag on him a bit.


One of our family slogans (there are many!) is "Everybody needs a Jack!" Jack has been a stabilizing force in our home. He has an infectious smile that wins over hearts. He has a chipmunk laugh--and I adore chipmunks! He is a comforter. It is hard to explain, but God has already used him several times to comfort those with heavy hearts. God has used our Jack already to help spread God's love. Those who know Jack best know exactly what I am talking about.


He is a cuddler. He loves to be outside. He loves G.I. Joes and Thomas the Tank. He adores his Dad. He strives to be just like Ricky. He is walking the tightrope between still needing some naps and carrying around his favorite blanket like his two younger brothers---and wanting to be "big" like Ricky and Ryan. He spends his days alternating his activities between the two sets of brothers. He is also easily persuaded by his sister when she wants a buddy to do something with.


He loves books. He also loves audio books. His favorite meal is soft tacos. The birthday cake he selected this year is a homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream cake-Yummy! He enjoys dressing up in cowboy attire.


He is happiest when those around him are happy.

He is our first child born in Maine. His best friends outside of the family are Leeann and Cheri. He will tell you that he is going to marry Leeann. And he has been saying that ever since he could first talk.


He loves to color and cut. He is trying to learn to ride his bike now that the training wheels are off. He loves to laugh, but thinks it is even better if you are laughing with him.

His eyes are very expressive. You know exactly what he is feeling and thinking by looking in his eyes. I never want to let a day pass without looking into those wonderful eyes and read what is going on in his heart.

Our family is so blessed to have this happy boy in our hearts and lives.


And Daddy and Mommy are forever grateful that God looked down seven years ago and realized that we needed- truly needed- a Jack.




Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Thanks for stopping by,

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe he is 7! Time flies when you least expect it. Leeann looks so much like Connie Jean! I miss everyone so much! Happy Birthday Jack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday again to our wonderful "Jack". Love you so much, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is just adorable, Jen! It's nice to get to know Jack through your post.

    And thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. They really, truly mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cuz- that was a really neat post, I liked hearing all about Jack! and the last picture is great! love ya, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday, Jack! I hope that you had a great and wonderful day and that you will have many more great and wonderful days. I love you. Cannot wait to see you and the rest of the family in a few days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie