
There were alot of smiles today. The children spent many hours outside with Daddy. Alot of work was accomplished and alot of play was done, too. Their summer tans are well under way and the bikes have already seen many miles. And they were reminded once again that if you get Daddy with the hose you will end up wetter than him!

I sometimes worry about my boys not learning certain things in our modern, high-tech, convenient world. But today our lawn was overgrown and the ride-on lawn mower is still not repaired, so my boys learned to do
all of our lawn with the push mower. :) Actually, it is not too bad, even with a big lawn like ours, because Daddy and the two oldest boys took turns going around. Our lawn looks really nice-thanks to my men!

We finished our garden today. They planted potatoes, tomatoes and hot peppers. We are praying for another great crop of potatoes. Last year's crop lasted us until February.

My husband burned a large rubbish pile today that I have longed to see disappear out of the yard. It is gone now! Yeah! It took several hours to burn it all and what could not burn is loaded in the trailer for the dump in the morning. I was very happy to see this fire doing its job today.

Rachel is trying to act camera shy. She tried to act indigant that I would post her quote on my blog (see sidebar) but she is really quite pleased. LOL We have added alot to the sidebar in recent days in case you would like to check it out. We will be updating it from time to time.
Jonathan's fever broke this morning. He took a loooooooooooooooooong nap this afternoon and now seems to be fully recovered. We sure missed his animated humor and are thankful to have him back in full health. Everyone else seems fine, too. Praise the Lord!
The day is ending on a high note with my husband leading two people to the Lord. What a joy to be used by God!
I hope your day was filled with smiles-and if not, I just sent you one!
Thanks for stopping by,
Wow! Your family has been very busy. I am enjoying reading your blogs. I am glad that Jonathon has gotten better.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Margaret