Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Greatest Story Ever

This past Easter every Sunday School class in our church taught the Resurrection Story. It is the same wonderful story that we have told our children over and over again.

When church was out and we were at home our Jonathan told us all about his class. (He LOVES Sunday School and adores his teacher!) He pulled out his coloring page that had three crosses. He told us about the two thieves. He explained how God died on the middle cross. He shared about how God was placed in a cave. He had alot to tell and we listened gladly.

But this story has really gripped his heart. Almost daily he asks for a piece of paper. He starts drawing and tells me "not to look!" And when he is done he brings me this:



Just like the story is always the same, so is his simple childish drawing.

There is the sun in the sky, the three crosses on a hill, and a cave in the corner. He takes the time to explain each item to me carefully. He will tell it to anyone who will listen.



Daddy said that if Jonathan only remembered one story that he had chosen the greatest story ever told.

And I wonder how many more people would know the story if I told it as much as my son does?

And if you do not know the Greatest Story Ever Told, please let me encourage you to find out about it here.

Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love it when a story sticks with a child especially Bible stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jennie. Very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so special. I am sure that really feels great to know that he is always wanting to tell the story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie