Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sweet Words

Jack gave this to me a few weeks ago...



As any mother would understand, the misspelled words do not bother me a bit. The love and sentiment warm my heart.

I give love freely to my children. I do it because I want to...I love loving them. I love them without expecting anything in return; but it is a wonderful moment when some of that love boomerangs back to you. In moments like this my heart overflows and I do nothing to stem the tide.

I did not create my children, but God used me to help bring them to this earthly life. And though I am older, wiser and smarter-and although it is I who helps to meet and care for their daily needs-and regardless of the fact that in all honesty they have given me more work and responsibilty than I have ever had before-I find it all joyfully rewarding and fulfilling as I enjoy their praise, love-and most of all-their presence.

I would gladly sacrifice more to enjoy the charges God has given to my husband and I.

All that to say...

I wonder if this is how God looks at me.

I have nothing to offer Him.

I have caused Him a great deal of work. (Have you seen what my sin has done to this world?)

I have caused Him a great deal of heartache. ( My sin put His Son through Calvary.)

Yet, He loves to hear my praise. I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Psalm 116:1

He thinks about me all the time. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Psalm 139:17-18

He loves me with a love that no one can equal. He loves me when I give Him nothing back. He loves me with the most unselfish love I will ever experience. He created me uniquely special and wants my adoration and praise. No one can ever take my place in His heart. And He will go to great lengths to prove that unwavering, unconditional love.

And so today I say with the Psalmist, I will praise thee with my whole heart...

It is the least I can do.

I hope you will, too.

Thanks for stopping by,

5 comments:

  1. How sweet! Thanks for the little encouragement. You are a real blessing to me. I love reading the little tidbits about your children. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the mother of THIS child I totally agree with your thoughts. You girls have given us so very many joys and blessings through your whole lives. I believe God enjoys your loving hearts and generous spirits even more than Dad and I do!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome, Jen!! Read it all a few times just to soak it in. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie