Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy June!


Happy June! It is the first of the month-which for me means switching over the calendars and cleaning out my coupons. But of all months, June might be my favorite. School is just finished and summer with all of its possibilities lies ahead, friends are coming for a visit, and June does not hold many extra responsibilities. The days are longer, there are many baby birds and animals to observe and nature is beautiful.

I have been really trying to get some desk work done...but as you can see from the picture above I have two very busy helpers who are preventing productivity. :) But they are cute...

We enjoyed a lazy morning, then went on errands and did our shopping this afternoon. We came home to a special supper and then watched Treasures of the Snow. And the laziness is justified as one child started running a fever today. Prayerfully this is short-lived and won't go through the household.

We did have some excitement today. This afternoon before we left to shop a police cruiser pulled up to our house. It seems someone spotted what appeared to be a rabid fox in the church's front lawn and called it in to the police. Our patrolmen came to check it out and discovered we had our older children playing outside our home and so they came to warn us about the fox. (Our church and home are on the same property.) A short while later we went to load up to go shopping and heard an animal crying as we all got in the truck. We looked up to see two officers picking up a fawn. The mother had been killed and the ofiicers found the fawn near the road as they were searching for the fox. They took it to a shelter. It was exciting to the children to get to talk to our local policemen and have them on the property. I must admit though, we are all really keeping an eye out for the fox...

Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. I the one who was running a fever is doing better today.

    Hope they find the fox also. That is neat that your kids got to talk with the Police. My boys LOVE it when they can talk with the Police, firemen or anyone in uniform.

    Have a great day friend!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennie I forgot to say your kittens are so cute!!! Tabitha is getting a kitten in 2 wks :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very special place,isn't it. Many of my own favorite memories were made there. I still enjoy and treasure many of the friendships created there. What a wonderful place for God to have used us. Now I watch my children and grandchildren grow, learn and thrive there. So many blessings..... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cats are adorable.

    Hope your little one gets better soon.

    Hope the fox is found.

    Have a great day!

    Love,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie