The little guys got matching clothes a few days ago. They just laughed and danced around the house in joy and delight. I wish you could hear the giggles and laughter!
Last Sunday afternoon Ry was very intently playing with his Lego battleship. I took pictures when he wasn't paying attention. I couldn't help but wonder about the battle plans being drawn up in his head...
Watching your three boys in a row reminds me of how Chris wants a bunch of boys in a row before we're finished yet. Our boys have all had spaces between. I know the three girls in a row have been loads of fun, but I can't imagine three boys, knowing the difference between the two.
I love the joy you captured here and Ryan's pictures are great. He's a handsome guy.
Wow! What a ship! Course, the mother in me is thinking "look at all those pieces!" But I'm sure your guy is much better about keeping his Legos picked up.
Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you. If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by. Thanks again, Jennie
I am a child of God, Rick's wife and mother of 6. I spend my days homeschooling, homemaking and helping my Pastor husband in the ministry. I thrill each day to wake up to the life God has blessed me with. I grew up in a wonderful Christian home and enjoy passing on my "goodly heritage" to the children God has entrusted to our care.
Richard James (Ricky), 16 Ryan Joshua, 15 Rachel Joylynn, 13 Jack Russell, 10 Jonathan Robert, 8 Joshua Raymond, 6
All the "R" and "J" that you see is because "R"ick and "J"ennie are very much in love.
It's ter-Rick-fic!
Ricky
Our oldest has so many of the qualities you would think a "firstborn" would have. He is obedient and studious. He has great concern for those younger and weaker than himself. He makes straight A's and reads every book he can get his hands on. He is a very competitive young man. He wins almost any contest he enters. When he doesn't win, he has caused the winner to work harder than they have ever worked before. He is diligent and has more character than most adults I know. He loves all sports, but basketball is his favorite. He loves all "man food"-the more meat, potatoes and vegetables the better! Cool Ranch Doritos and Snickers will always make him smile. He often leads his younger siblings in doing something thoughtful for others. He loves to teach and has great patience in working with his little brothers. He loves all things army and G.I. Joe. He has alot of favorite people. He has led many souls to Christ. He loves time spent with his family. His favorite book is "Treasures of the Snow." He finds pleasure in many things. He is easy to please and a joy to do things for. He has inherited his Dad's wit and his Mom's sarcasm-and he uses it on us often. It was a great day when God gave Ricky to us.
Ryan
This young man is growing up into the perfect blend of manhood. He loves all things "boy." His playtime is a continuous combination of sports, army and cowboys. On the other side of the coin, he has a very tender heart. He is generous with his money and finds great pleasure in giving to others. He is always on the go. He runs. I have yet to teach him how to walk! :D He started running on the first day he walked-at 10 months! He would rather be outdoors than anywhere else. He is extremely coordinated. He loves to sing. He is a great artist and has impressed us time and time again with his God-given skills. He loves to hunt but has not yet gotten anything. But give him time... He has lots of favorite foods. He has yet to meet a person he doesn't like. He is very witty and has a smile that lights up a room--and my life. He loves to work with tools. I am not sure which one he enjoys more-fixing or taking apart. ;) He loves to try new things on his bike and not much scares him. This talented young man has great potential for God. I love being his Mom!
Rachel
This precious gal is the sunshine of our home. She adds a lovely feminine touch to the center of our boy-filled family. She loves all things girly. She is a reader-and that is an understatement. Her favorite book is "Black Beauty." She is competitive and keeps Ricky on his toes. She enjoys working in the kitchen, playing the piano, and working her Daddy over to get what she wants. :) (That is not very difficult!) She has a soft spot for all animals, but especially loves horses. She delights in birds and flowers as much as her Mommy does. Hot Cocoa and anything that contains peppermint are her favorite treats. She loves American Girl dolls and books-especially Nellie. She will play sports with her brothers, but only beats them when Daddy comes to her rescue.She loves the story of Esther and the color pastel pink. She collects books and hopes to own a thousand of her own before she grows up. She adores shopping and knows how to look for a bargain. She spends her money the most wisely of all our children. She thinks Olive Garden makes the best macaroni and cheese in the world. Her girl friends are important to her sanity and we have them over often. Other favorites include: dark chocolate, Christmas, coloring with markers and bike riding. She has a quick wit and is one of the funniest people we know. What a glorious day nine years ago when the doctor said, "It's a girl!"
Jack
Where to start describing this sweet son? He is love and smiles in one handsome package. His eyes light up when he is happy-and that is most of the time. He loves to play...sometimes with the older brothers....sometimes with the younger. He loves to read and he loves to be read to. He enjoys trains, sports, cowboys, army and anything Ricky is doing. He loves to color and cut. Don't mess with his favorite blanket! He loves to dress up in suits and ties. Ice cream makes him happy. He has lots of friends. His sweet spirit and chipmunk laugh causes others to want to meet him. He also adores his sister and thoroughly enjoys spending time with her. He has completely captured his Daddy and Mommy's hearts-and that's the way we like it! "Everybody needs a Jack!"
Jonathan
This cute guy is animation on two feet. You will have to search far and wide to find anyone more expressive than this bundle of energy. He loves people and will interact with everyone he meets. He loves his favorite foods with fierce loyalty and puts up with all others as a mere means of survival until grilled hot dogs and "orange" macaroni & cheese make an appearance again. He loves Thomas trains and is the proud owner of a new favorite blanket. He loves being a liitle guy but is also quickly establishing to his older siblings the things he can do "all by himself." He is not camera-shy. He not only hams it up for the photographer, but asks several times a day to have his picture taken. We never knew this much laughter existed until Jonathan came along!
Joshua
The last in our family line-up is definitely not the least! He is a force to be reckoned with and has strong opinions of his own. He loves his "bubba" (cup) and his favorite blankets. He loves to play with Thomas trains and anything else that has wheels. He loves to look at books. He sleeps with his Curious George and loves to speak "monkey." Who knows...maybe he will start speaking English someday! We hope so! ;) He loves his Daddy above all others and spends every possible minute with him. He adores ice cream and has been caught stealing cookies on many occasions. What a privilege to spend our days with our cute two year old.
Kid Quotes
" I love being ridiculous! That is my special talent!" -as said by Rachel during one of her wonderful giggle sessions. 6/3/09
Jonathan: "Do you know what I want to be when I grow up?" Mr. Freeman: "What?" Jonathan: "A daddy just like my Dad!" What Dad wouldn't love to hear that!?!
Quotes
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
-Elizabeth Stone
The foundation of gratitude is the expectation of nothing. "I think, too, that a major problem I've had for a long time is having these ideals of what I am supposed to be and do with our children. Because of seeing other people or memories from growing up I have preconceived ideas of what childhood should be like, but I keep forgetting, our kids haven't been kids until now and they have no preconceived ideas. Whatever I do with them they will accept and enjoy, as long as I am happy and enjoying it. " -a wise friend of Amy's
Small Kitchen Layouts
-
Modern freestanding modular kitchens are fast becoming a favourite among
top small kitchen ideas and designs. Paradoxically it can work equally well
for ...
Well Hello to You All!! :)
-
Well, hello to everyone! :) The other day, Daniel suggested me writing an
update here. Even if there was nobody to read it, our blog as been the
most co...
Hello
-
Well, I just realized I had not posted here since May! Still trying to get
things back to normal and such but life has continued on and we are doing
really...
Our Trip to Indiana
-
After a very long winter, Jeff and I decided that we needed to get away for
a few days
- just the two of us!
Our trip began after school on Tuesday. We...
Pictures. Cause it's been a while.
-
Something that I miss about blogging- probably what I miss MOST- is the
chance to periodically look through old posts and remember the girls and
what o...
Think this is how many Im gonna end up buying....
-
Wow, this year is only four days into school and already we have broken two
water bottles! And Nice double walled ones so they didnt sweat on their
desk...
Little Cousins
-
My husband's brother's family came down to visit for the weekend. I sure
enjoyed watching our Brooke play with her cousin Brienna. Aren't they just
cute ...
Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder?
-
Hello, hello, hello! My it has been a long time hasn't it! Where to begin?
Well let's start with the most exciting!
We are moving into our own apartment on...
Grace...
-
In my life I have found some things are not as simple as they seem. The
verse in the Bible that says, "Let your speech be alway with GRACE, that ye
may k...
-
We are still alive! Thought some may be wondering with my great way of
keeping up with our blog! :) My sister and I made a pact that we would post
today ...
Listed below you will find links to where you can purchase good Christian music. We love good music and have it playing often in our home and vehicles. While we recommend these sites, it does not mean we fully approve of all music at these sites. As with books, please use your own judgment of what is appropriate for your home. If you have other music that you would recommend we would love for you to e-mail us about it. Happy listening!
On the shelves below you will see many of the titles that we enjoy. There are books on a wide variety of subjects and for every age range. We are not stating that we agree with every thought in every book, but that we agree with most of what is in these books. If you hold your cursor over a particular bookcover, a brief description of the book will pop up. We will be adding more books from time to time. Make sure you click on the "next" button to see additional shelves of books. If you ever have any questions about a certain title feel free to email me. Enjoy a peek into our bookshelves!
Watching your three boys in a row reminds me of how Chris wants a bunch of boys in a row before we're finished yet. Our boys have all had spaces between. I know the three girls in a row have been loads of fun, but I can't imagine three boys, knowing the difference between the two.
ReplyDeleteI love the joy you captured here and Ryan's pictures are great. He's a handsome guy.
Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteRyan does look as though he's very intent on his war plans :)
Wow! What a ship! Course, the mother in me is thinking "look at all those pieces!" But I'm sure your guy is much better about keeping his Legos picked up.
ReplyDelete