Friday, July 24, 2009

More VBS

I am exhausted, but it is a very contented tired. With our Ladies' Retreat and VBS back to back it did not leave much room for rest. Actually, there would have been time to rest if I had let my house go--but I have never been able to do that. In order for me to fully give myself somewhere I need to know that my family and home are in order. So, the activities have ended, my life is still in order and I took 2 naps today! (I am NOT a nap person so I am in shock at how much I slept today!)

I wasn't going to post as we are preparing to take a one day trip tomorrow. We are taking the winners of our Spring Program to the White Mountains. My kids are very excited and I am hoping to get great pictures. My sister has asked for more pics...and she wants them now! ;) So for my favorite little sister, here we go!

One of the things the children received was shields which they decorated themselves. Here are a few...







Joshua is too young to go to a VBS class, so he hung around on Monday with Mommy while I did paperwork and points tallying. Other workers watched him while I played the piano for assemblies. On Tuesday, Mrs. Droullard asked to take him to her class and I said fine but I'll check on him in a little while. I thought he would be a disturbance. I went to check and he was sooooooooo happy and proud to be with the "big" kids! He listened to the lessons and did crafts with that class for the rest of VBS. It is hard to believe how big and independent he is becoming. He is also becoming better behaved and does not need nearly as much supervision. He is much more self-entertaining.

Thank you, Mrs. Droullard, for allowing Joshua to participate in his very first class!




Skit pics....





Ricky and Rachel had left their "thrones" to watch the skit. I am very proud of these two as they worked VERY hard of their own accord to win at VBS. I do very little to help as I want them to reach their own goals. Ricky was the only King for the week and ended up with the most points over all. Rachel and Connie were both Queens every day! There were some other gals who tied for Queen on different days, but these two ladies memorized a lot of Scripture to be up their every day.

This was Ricky's last year to attend VBS. Next year he will be a worker. He is happy to have "gone out on top." And some of the other boys are very excited to no longer have to compete against him! (If I sound like a proud parent..I am! And it's my blog! So, of course I brag on my kids!! ;D )



Story time with Pastor...a favorite time! (And he loved not wearing a tie!)




Fooling around with the board cut outs....







Not the best pictures, but too fun not to share. I went to close my blinds late one night this week and there was a frog ON my window! Too cute! I was sooooo tempted to call Amy and ask her how to properly capture this type of shot. Between the darkness out side and contending with glass--and trying with and without the flash-- I took a lot of pictures. Most got deleted. But here are the two that remain...





Quick cute story....Thursday afternoon Rachel and Jack built an elaborate fort in Rachel's room. They had worked so hard on it and were so pleased that I told them they could sleep in it. I sent them to bed later without really checking things out. Much later, when I was going to bed I stopped to check on them. I had to get a flashlight and get down on my hands and knees at the door of the room to look into the fort as it took up the whole room. They had used EVERY blanket that the two of them owned to make the fort and were sleeping without blankets for themselves. LOL
I realized I could not do any thing to help unless I woke them up or tore down the fort as I could not get to them. I also realized I could not tear down the fort without possibly hurting them because of the large toys they were using to hold up the blankets. I prayed for them as is my custom and went to bed. This morning Rachel told me how she woke up freezing and tore part of the fort down herself to get blankets! I bet they will make their fort differently next time...... ;)

Request for help....what are your best tips for storing digital pictures? I have almost used up all of the storage on my computer (and that is a lot!) and my husband wants it cleaned off. I would love to hear your favorite solutions.

So, Sweet Sister, there you go! How about updating your blog??? (Hint, Hint!) You knew that was coming!

Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Lord's Day! I love church!

Thanks for stopping by,

6 comments:

  1. I would research which online photo storing site is best for you. I believe you can upload all of your photos and keep them on there. I use Snapfish and I get free prints frequently. I am not sure how much space you need so you might want to look around for the best option for your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a busy but a fun time I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome VBS! Just too fun! And crazy to see your baby growing up like that. It amazes me to see my Ellie doing stuff at church because it just doesnt feel like she is old enough yet! ha ha!

    I use photobucket. But I have no idea how much exactly you can store on there.. but I read that you can store thousands of photos and hours of video. I think it is pretty easy to use. I started using it when I was new to all this stuff three or four years ago and it still seemed pretty easy. They have a photobucket tutorial page which looks very helpful. The only thing that Ill say about the main page of photobucket is that they have different little block areas that you can search for quotes, art, videos, etc. So there might be something non fundamental =) on the front page that you might not want in your home. I have never seen anything you wouldnt see out in public.. but you know might just want to get on their main page and see if it would be for you. But I know other good ones are Snapfish, Flickr, Shutterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Marisa that photobucket is good. But make sure you set it to private otherwise anyone can use your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a great time. I love the cutouts, how fun!

    As far as storage at home, I use an external hard drive. I had to because my computer told me "No More!"
    And I use photoshop's organizer. You can tag them to make it really easy to find what you want. Only, you need to do it as you go, not wait until you have 12,786 photos.
    Right now, I'm looking into online storage, because if my computer goes, I still have the external hard drive, but if my computer ROOM goes...
    So I'm thinking snapfish only because I do business with them already and I love their processing. But I think I'll take Marisa's advice and look into Photobucket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie