Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ladies' Retreat

Saturday was our annual Ladies' Retreat here at our church. It is a highly anticipated event that my Mom started several years ago when she was the pastor's wife here. The current format of our retreat is a one day gathering with food, teaching, singing, games, fellowship, prizes and lots of fun!

For the first time we had a table contest. Pairs of ladies teamed up to decorate a table with a theme AND plan a game for everyone to play based on the same theme they decorated with. The ladies did a wonderful job and the good-natured jokes about the themes helped set the tone for the day. There was a oneness of spirit that was refreshing. It was a good time had by all--but more importantly, everyone was challenged in ways to be "A Clean Vessel" for the Master.

Our special theme song was sung throughout the day and helped set the tone for the teaching God had for us.

Fair warning: This is a picture overload. I realize this might not interest everyone--but it DOES interest my sweet Mom as she started our retreats. So, with her in mind, here we go! :)


The winning table-chosen by detailed ballots given to each lady present-was the chicken table! They had built what looked like a chicken pen around the top of their table. There were feathers ALL OVER the church building. This cute fox had gotten into the pen and caused a ruckus, thus the feathers that we found all day long. (Must have been some fight!)




They made salt and pepper shakers out of real eggs!! Absolutely adorable...(or should I say "eggs-traordinary"?)




Napkin rings made out of eggs...





The Americana (4th of July) table....Good thing I wasn't voting as I am very partial to this kind of decorating!






The beautiful butterfly table...








The American Girl table decorated by two pre-teen gals. Excellent job, girls!






The Rubber Ducky table....(Does anyone else feel like singing? Rubber Ducky, you're the one! You make bath time lots of fun....)




My sweet daughter judging the tables. I love getting to do things with her!



Signs from the butterfly game-Mom, can you tell by looking who made the signs?? ;)



Every year at the retreat the ladies t.p. something. This year they asked if I would let them in Pastor's office. They said the "chicken" wanted to get in. Based on the amount of feathers left behind, the fox must have been really after that chicken!









I wonder if this means I lose my office key??? ;D



Other pictures from the day...

















I could not be more blessed! What a privilege to spend my life with my husband with these precious people.

As my husband often says, "Everyone needs Victory in his life!"

Thanks for stopping by,

12 comments:

  1. Great Pics!! And such a cute idea about them decorating the tables! They were great!!!

    Thanks for sharing all the pics! I LOVE looking at them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing Mrs. Droullard did the chicken table...it looks very her!

    I miss Ladies Retreat. You don't do Camp Barea (sp) anymore? I remember being able to stay up in front of the fire place with ladies like Mrs. Droullard, your mom, and Mrs. Cushman. What a great fellowship it was to be included with such wonderful women of God.

    One of these years I will make it up. Maybe next year I can get some heads up time!! LOL!!!

    (Did Mrs. Snyder do the USA table?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed looking at the pictures from your Ladies Retreat! I am always on the lookout for great ideas and there were many of them! :) Small churches are close to my heart as I grew up as a PK in a small church. I get my pictures just google-ing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very exciting! Did you get to keep the office key?? Oh and did you ever catch that chicken??

    Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed reading about your retreat and seeing all the pictures!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! Did you give the message?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked like a lot of fun! Thank you for sharing your retreat with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed seeing pieces of your ministry. Your ladies are privileged to have someone who loves them like you do. You certainly haven't lost any of your enthusiasm in life. That's good to see.

    I especially enjoyed your story about your teacher in your last post and your first pic of Ricky before that is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed seeing pieces of your ministry. Your ladies are privileged to have someone who loves them like you do. You certainly haven't lost any of your enthusiasm in life. That's good to see.

    I especially enjoyed your story about your teacher in your last post and your first pic of Ricky before that is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennie, My favorite is the butterfly table!! What fun. It would have been better if your hubby was in the office when they decorated it!!! Now that would have been fun. That is something I would have liked to do to your dad!!
    Love ya, Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Jennie!! My favorite is the butterfly table. It was all done up first class ... thank you for sharing all those pictures. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great day your ladies had! We did a table decorating contest at another church and it was lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie