
I have loved to read since I was a young girl. I have discussed books, bought books, looked at many Christian recommended reading lists and know my librarians very well for all the time I have spent at the library. But in all those years I missed out on this book...until now.
When some of us blogged about summer reading material a few weeks back this book was mentioned more than once. I first noticed the title thanks to Tracy's recommendation. I promptly ordered it through my library system and waited for it to arrive.
It came and I read the first half and was intrigued. It got set aside for several days as other things came up. Last night I picked it up and lost a lot of sleep because I could not put it down.
I finally did though as sleep was a short-lived adventure with a sick baby. This morning in between raindrops I finished it.
If you enjoy reading, you must read this one. If you like the The Hiding Place, you will love this.
This is about a missionary's wife who spent over 4 years as a POW. Her faith in our great God is amazing. Parts of this book will stay in my heart and mind forever.
And if you like to read with a purpose--looking to be challenged, changed and inspired--Well, I have a book to recommend to you!
This has instantly become one of my all time favorites. Most of you have probably already read it. But I thought I would post this in case there is someone like me who had missed hearing about this great book.
Disclaimer: Do not read this book if you are content and wanting to believe that your Christianity is complete "as is"-this book will convict you and make you realize how "soft " we really are.
Tracy, Thank you!! I am so glad you shared this particular title with me.
Marisa, thank you for teaching me how to snag images off of the web. What a wonderful time saver and resource!
_____________________________________________
Joshua update: His fever appears to have broken. He looks very tired and keeps pointing in his mouth and saying "boo-boo" so I am guessing he is dealing with a sore throat. We did not go on our date today as he was too sick to leave with our wonderful babysitter. My ter-Rick-fic husband ran ALL of our weekly errands for us. I know it is a job he does not enjoy but cared for it so kindly all the same. I love you, Sweetheart!
And I did not have to put my sore toe into a shoe just yet...I love my slippers!
Hope your day is truly wonderful. Mine is because you took the time to visit! :D
Thanks for stopping by,










That book sounds great. I've never heard of it....I'll have to see if our library has it.
ReplyDeleteHavent heard of it either! Will have to go find it now! Sounds great! I LOVE to read!
ReplyDeleteGlad that snagging pics is saving you some time. I know I love it when I need something like that!
What a sweetie that Rick did all your errands! Very nice of him!!
I'm going to be reading this one soon. Never read it before but sure sounds like a good book.
ReplyDeleteThat book is one of my top favorites, too. I have two cassette tapes that I ordered from No Greater Joy of her giving her testimony in person. Her voice is a perfect match to her story - so sweet and confident. You would love them. I'm not sure if they still sell them or not, but if they don't I could let you borrow them.
ReplyDeleteI finished reading "The Centurion's Wife" last night. I enjoyed it. I kept thinking of "Titus, A Comrade of the Cross" while I was reading it. It's a Lamplighter book. Google those if you haven't heard of them. There are so many life-changing books in that series. Titus was one of my favorites.
Love reading about your dailiness! I'll be looking for you to share your childhood memory this week. Maybe something about a little girl named Amy that you liked to play with who grew up and married your favorite cousin. Ha, ha!
Love ya,
Amy
I'm reading this book right now and it is so inspirational! I had watched the video of it and listened to the tapes, and even loaned out the book . . . I'm so thankful to be reading it now.
ReplyDelete