What a busy month this has been! Praise the Lord that such a beautiful season is here. I am so enjoying Autumn decorations and the anticipation of the changing of leaves. The downfall is that Winter follows Fall....and in Maine that means everyone becomes much more housebound. But we will talk about that later....when we have to deal with it! ;)
I have always thrilled when my children pick flowers for me. I have already oohed and aahed over more Dandelions than most people will even see in a lifetime...but how it delights my heart when these humble offerings come through my door. To be loved by my children is such a priceless blessing. I am often reminded how frail and humble my gifts of service to God must appear to Him...yet it makes Him feel loved and special because it is a gift from His child...me!
With that said, Joshua brought me the very first flowers he had ever picked of his own accord. He was pleased with himself and these were clasped tightly in one hand with his other hand in Rachel's. Rachel had taken him out for a walk and he felt like such a big boy! I quickly took a picture of this sweet love offering as my baby's "gentleness" assured these plants a very short life ahead...
And speaking of flowers, one of the precious children from our church, Connie, brought me these lovely blooms. The children of the church certainly love and spoil me! I can hardly walk through the door without getting a note, candy, gift, flowers or hug. God is so very good to allow me to be a teacher. What an amazing honor!
We have been so very busy with so many wonderful things! And we have been getting school up and running. It has been a rough start. We ordered our curriculum later then normal....we switched parts of our curriculum which requires study and adapting on the part of the teacher....and I have 5 different grades to teach. All of this has required a great deal of my time. I know many of my blog friends home school more than 5 different grades in their home, but this has proved challenging to me. God is requiring growth out of me...and the stretching can be painful! LOL So, blogging becomes a low priority during those times. I have missed reading every one's blogs, but I am hoping to have our routines all smooth and happy by October. I sooooo love schedule, routine and organization!
A few random pictures of our recent days....
Joshua fresh from a bath...and I mistakenly asked Daddy to please comb his hair! (I should know better than that by now!) :)
Joshua with "his Hana." He adores her and is missing her very much! (Can you hear him all the way over there in India, Hana??? He keeps asking for you!)
Patch Club sang on the Bickfords last Sunday here...
Some of my children have outgrown their Club shirts, so we purchased some new ones. One of the out grown ones has been given to Joshua. He is still too young to join Club, but he was thrilled to be like his older siblings. He jumped up and down in excitement and was proud to wear Patch the Pirate shirt to nursery! How cute!
Our football party was last week and the boys had a good time. I was so busy hostessing the event I did not get many pictures....but here is one shot. Not all the boys are in it though...
One of our church buses needed painting....so that has been an ongoing project this last week. What hard working church folk we have! I have learned that painting a bus is no easy chore! We are excited that it is near completion...
Now off I go to do computer projects for people I love! I am looking forward to going out to breakfast with Nicole this week(I am so glad she is home!!!) and am anxious to see Mandy. I am so glad she gets to come to Maine for a visit. What a great week ahead! Hope to chat with all of you in blog land sometime again soon!
Until the next time....
Thanks for stopping by,










Awwww I can't wait to see you too! AND Cole! I miss her terribly! We get to have dinner with them on Friday and I am beyond excited!!! BLOG POST OF THE YEAR COMING UP!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel the growing "pain" with you Jennie. When we were homeschooling I had 5 different grades. Praying for you friend, as you getting all the "bugs" worked out, and get your routine, and schedule down to a science.
ReplyDeleteHave a great wkend and wk.
Love you,
Paula
Life gets sooooo busy! Glad you had time to make a post though! Fun reading it! Hope October gets all the wrinkles smoothed out for you! I cant even imagine teaching five grades at once... You are a Super Hero for sure!! =) ... The Knowlegde Avenger! ha ha! Or something like that! =)
ReplyDeleteHey, you are alive! :) What was that about homeschooling only 5? Pshaw, that's nothin'! What do you do all day? Just kidding, of course. Hope everything settles into place for all of you soon. Love ya!
ReplyDeletegood morning so glad you got to post on your blog as far as me i need to do that to as i am having to much fun with farming on farmville. but with all that said i love the flowers i remember when mine bought me flowers and you never forget it. but as far as the bus they sure did a great job painting it. I know that god will help you with all the teaching with your children you do a wounderful job on teaching.well you have a great day love ya bye
ReplyDeleteWe are all so busy but I am glad you stopped by blogland! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you!! Am eagerly watching for your next post -- I know you have nothing to do at home!! ;D
ReplyDelete...still waiting!! :D Miss you so very much!
ReplyDelete