Such busy, busy days here! So many times I have things I want to share here...but that requires time. And that has not been something I have in overabundance.
I won't list all the reasons for that as it doesn't matter...and most of you have similar stories to tell. But I would like to share some pictures from our first week of September.
On Labor Day we spent a family day. I realize for most families that holidays mean gatherings with friends and family. We tend to be the opposite. We spend a great deal of our life with people and helping people (And we LOVE that!), but when the summer holidays roll around we tend to like to hibernate a bit. We like to really emphasize our family unit and we strive to do things that our kids will love. Our kids love these days and Ricky declares them his favorite in all the world. As a parent that means a lot to me as I want to not only create special memories for them to remember, but teach them that memories are made of love and time spent together.
We took the kids to a local school playground that they had never played at before...and were they ever excited!! How fun to hear their excitement and watch their antics. Joshua was especially challenging to keep up with as he has no fear and wanted to try everything!
Ryan immediately found something to climb...
Joshua on the swings...
...and everywhere else he could be!
My cute boy Jonathan dressed as a conductor...
He is always on the run!
He melts my heart!
Our Jack...
Our pretty girl...
Our oldest...
Basketball, one of our favorite sports...
Need a break already?
My husband never wants to miss out on the fun. He is on the play area, too! (I love that man!)
Upside down again...reminds me of camp!
The day also included ice cream, garden harvesting, a cook out and lots of goofing off together. It was sad to see the day end, but we were thankful for our wonderful day.
School decorations...I love visuals and always tend to turn our living room into a full-fledged classroom as much as possible. The children enjoy it. Here is the start of our annual Fall transformation...
We have done more since these pictures were taken. And we are excited about the curriculum changes we have made this year. It is almost all here-Finally! The art books from A Beka are WONDERFUL! Our Creation Science course looks fun and we are anxious to dive in. Saxon math is a new change for us and the kids are excited about the variety. My young ones are enjoying wood pattern blocks and Geoboards thanks to Amy's recommendation. We also are loving Serpentiles and Rush Hour (Thank you, Mom!). We love logic puzzles and these both fit the bill perfectly.
Crayons were not this "cool" when I was a kid!
Ryan and Joshua...
The egg experiment...want to see something neat? Soak an egg in a glass of vinegar for a week. Wow! When you throw it on the ground, it has a balloon-like covering left. Science is more fun with these kinds of projects...
Our kids and their friends singing at a church meeting recently...
More amazing sketches from Ryan! This first is his rendition of the Colosseum...
And a lighthouse. I love how he included a beacon!
My husband found this beautiful large candle holder for my kitchen. (For you fellow Maine-iacs, yeah Mardens!)Isn't it lovely? So many times I will get a jar candle with a scent we enjoy but the color does not match my kitchen. (Yes, that does matter to me!) Now it won't be a problem! My husband is always on the lookout for things he knows will bring me simple pleasures. I am spoiled and know it. What a delight to be Rick's wife!
It is hard to believe that it is less than a week away before our friends return to India. What treasured moments the children have enjoyed together. Rachel and Hana have especially enjoyed many good times this summer...
We all hope this next year flies by...
Maine is a beautiful place to live in the Fall. Hope this season brings you as much color and joy as it does us.
And once again...
Thanks for stopping by,










I completely understand about the clashing candle colors. Drives me nuts! We have some of those Rush hour like puzzles. I will have to bring them up in October!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll Such great pics!! NOTHING better than just family time! I adore days we all four just hang out and go do stuff! Soooo fun! What a sweet thing for Rick to get you that candle holder because he knows you like stuff to match! Very thoughtful!
ReplyDeletegood morning! I love the pictures are wounderful ryan you do a great job drawing god has bless you with that special gift.and i am so glad that your children and you and pastor had a great time at the playground. love the candle was very nice and yes it dose match your kitchen. I love you and your family i am so glad i know you and with this blog love seeing your phodo's.you and your family is a blessing to me and your family we love you.
ReplyDeletehello wonderful family...Dad and I spent a quiet day on the holiday. We packed a picnic lunch and went by the water. It was very relaxing and he had been working a lot of hours lately. so loved seeing what you all were doing. A hug to a great son-in-law who makes my wonderful daughter so happy. Your school set up is great...makes me wish I had done more for the 3 of you years ago. I am so glad you and Sarah put so much love and effort into their learning. Much love to all, Mom
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful holiday! September is a busy month! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, Ryan! Those etch-a-sketch projects are amazing! I never could get anything nicer than a set of stairs - Ha! I love the Colosseum.
ReplyDelete