Hello to all my blog friends! I miss being on here daily, but am getting school up and running. I won't go into how amazingly and overwhelmingly busy we have been as most of you have "super-schedules" of your own and do not need to hear of my own busyness. My free time is much more sparse, but I will not complain as it is a temporary problem. I look forward to being on here more regularly soon.
Speaking of school, I want to brag on my man!! My husband loves schooling and studying. He is very intelligent and tends to get straight "A"s-nothing that I can relate to!
He has always wanted to get his Master's Degree, but was financially unable to do so. Also, as soon as he graduated from college he went into the pastorate. A few years ago he started researching correspondence colleges. I must admit that I was a bit skeptical at first as I have seen many people do correspondence classes that I was not very impressed with and then claim expertise in an area that was obviously out of their grasp. But my husband decided on a college and ordered his first set of materials-and was I ever surprised! He had to listen to tapes of every class that were recorded live in the actual classes. This was not read and fill-in-the-blank (nothing wrong with those, by the way), but actually listening to all the teaching. He did three quarters of the year that way. Listening to hour upon hour upon hour while seated at our kitchen table with his books spread out before him. I loved those times as I listened and learned as well while I did my housework.
The fourth quarter consisted of one large assignment-a paper. This paper consisted of 20,000 words with 10 resources. That is A LOT of words! My husband likes to write though and his final paper consisted of 30,000 words. It took several months to research, write, edit and have proofread. The paper has been turned in and his Master's Degree came a few days ago. I am so proud of him!!
What a blessing to be married to a man who never stops growing and learning. He is teachable and humble. I am blessed beyond measure to spend my days being treated as ter-Rick-ficly as my husband treats me.
A future goal of ours is to turn his paper into a book. The topic of his paper is the fruits of the Spirit.
Thanks for listening as I bragged on my man!
Hope to chat with you real soon!
Thanks for stopping by,

Special note to Amy:
Thank you SO MUCH for your homeschooling resources blog post! I had not done my order yet and benefited greatly from your wisdom and experience. We are adding a few new ideas to our curriculum this year. Thanks for taking the time to write all that down and to include all the links. And please do not hesitate to give us more! ;) I appreciate you! Love ya!










Congratulations!!! What a major accomplishment! As his wife, you get credit, too.
ReplyDeleteI know...wasn't Amy's post on homeschooling awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your husband on getting his master's!
You can email me at keth616julz@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite to Kathryn's blog.
Congratulations Bro Rick!!!
ReplyDeletePaula
YAY!!!! What an accomplishment!!!! I know you must be so proud of him!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the hard work! Jason is half way through his courses for his Masters. It is LOTS of work but I know he will love having it!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your husband on earning his master's degree! I know it's hard work, and the correspondence work takes a lot of self-discipline, so he deserves a little praise! ;)
ReplyDeletegood evening ! i want to say it's such a pleasure to have a pastor to teach us things that we need to know so we can learn in our christian walk with our lord and teach us what the bible says. so thanks for being my pastor and teaching my family.I also want to say congratulations on geting your master's degree you work so hard at it you deserves it (GREAT JOB.)now Jennie I know it takes so a lot of self discipline to let your husband (pastor) studies and do the things of god. you are a wounderful wife to pastor, a wounderful mom and a great friend to me and my family and a wounderful Teacher to my son i know why all the kids love you its because you have a sweet spirt about you and thats because god is in side of you so Jennie i love you in all you do my sweet friend
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It was a group effort I am sure.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your husband! thats great
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Rick and to you, his supporter! And you are very welcome for the post. I'm glad I could be of help. :)
ReplyDeletecongratulations on your husband's achievement! what a wonderful thing to pursue.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Anything you help your husband do is wonderful!
ReplyDelete