Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Favorite Place


"Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set." Proverbs 22:28

It was many years ago now when my Dad introduced our family to this place which truly has become a landmark in my life.

It is a joke amongst our dear church family that Wal*Mart is my very favorite place. But in all sincerity, after my home, this place is dearest to my heart.

I love my church...and I love the God it represents.

Today as I was there I marveled once again that the building is so small, for it could not possibly hold all the tender, precious memories I have of it in my heart.

Today alone I experienced...

...joy as I rejoiced with a mother and her newborn baby.

...grief as I shed tears with a young lady who lost her grandpa yesterday.

...usefulness as I met a new visitor and helped her to feel welcome.

...excitement as contest winners were announced and hard-working members were rewarded.

...thoughtfulness as I saw so many doing for others.

...delight as I shared with another the Old, Old Story and heard her pray.

...nostalgia as I saw a dear one I had not seen for several years.

So many pictures I could post-so many memories I could share-so many people that I love-how deeply this place is rooted in my heart and being.

I hope you were able to spend your day with God's people, too.


Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

  1. What an encouragement to hear how God is working in and through you. I am thankful to be one of the people God has placed in your path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie, your church is a special place! I love reading your blog, it's so uplifting and encouraging!
    Love you, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jennie, I miss Victory! It brought tears to my eyes when I read about your wonderful day there. I will see you and Victory soon. Love you lots, Halene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie