Our day was filled and overflowing with good things. We had eagerly anticipated this day for sometime. School is over for the year, no obligations or schedules to keep, and time set aside to just be together. Our day was filled with extra sleep, a bluebird sighting, yard sales, new books, a delivery to a favorite nursing home resident, Wal*Mart, gardening, cooking out, basketball, bikes, bubbles, a phone call to a Veteran, ice cream cones, watching a favorite preacher preach and more. I must say that we had two highlights that made the day even more special. First, we visited two veterans' cemetaries. Our hearts were stirred as we heard a 21 gun salute and as we saw the seemingly endless rows of flags and flowers. My faith in America was renewed once again to see how many people, old and young, were there remembering those who had sacrificed. It was especially poignant to see the newer section dedicated to those who died in Iraq. You could feel the still-fresh grief in those who visited there today. Their hearts stll ache for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. My husband and older sons shook hands with some veterans who were there to help conduct services. Their somberness about the day's events reminded me once again how thankful I am to live in this great land.We came away changed and grateful.
And the second big event was.....(drum roll, please!)....My husband finshed his paper for his Master's Degree. This is a hard won achievement! It is actually a small book. Almost 70 pages-single spaced. I am so very proud of him. If you knew how much intense labor had gone into this paper, you would understand why this is a very memorable Memorial Day here in our home. I love you and am very proud of you, Sweetheart!
We were able to get most of our garden in...but we still need to do the potatoes.
My sweet baby enjoying the day...
I sincerely hope your day was as heart-stirring and memory-filled as ours was here.
And as always....
Thanks for stopping by,










Wow, that's a nice, big garden! Ours can hold 6 tomato, 6 pepper, and 2 cucumber plants and it's overfull. So I'm just a little bit jealous.
ReplyDelete