Monday, May 11, 2009

Bird Watching

We love to watch birds! I could never have enough bird feeders. My favorite is a lovely copper solar-powered one my beautiful sister gave me a couple of years ago. My pictures are not the best as I have alot about photography to learn, but I wanted to show you some of God's creation that we enjoy from our kitchen windows.

This is our first year to observe this fellow. He is a Northern Flicker. He is a type of woodpecker. I love the unusual markings!


















American Bitterns come each year and I thrill to watch them. They have such a funny walk---and they don't care if we come outside to see them.....as long as we don't get too close. They are a type of heron.




















Cardinals do not come often-and when they do they are extremely skittish. They always come in pairs. One stays on the outskirts of our yard while one feeds and then they switch places. This beautiful bird flew to the other side of my yard. I love the zoom on my new camera, but need to work on clarity. I am so glad our great God made so much variety in His creation.
















This cute little nuthatch keeps knocking on our window. I have watched birds out these windows for years, but this is the first time we've had a bird beg to come in!

















"For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;" Song of Solomon 2:11-12


Thanks for stopping by and sharing the view from here. Come back soon!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Your pictures are great. Have a great day,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birds!
    It's so fun to see the little changes you make here as you go along. Have I told you how glad I am that we're in touch again? Bears repeating, I guess... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie