Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We Have Been On The Run....



...and we have loved every minute of it! We have had the best two weeks and it is hard to believe it is all over. We had so many wonderful experiences we were looking forward to and each one was better than we had anticipated. I have several hundred pictures to sort through from the last several weeks. I have so many things I am desperately trying to catch up on that it may take a bit of time to put all the things on here that I want to...but that gives me a fun goal to work towards.

But first...the story of why I am the owner of a sadly neglected blog. Two months ago my computer ceased allowing me to sign into my blog. In fact, the whole computer screen went crazy every time I tried to do so. It was really a mystery to us as I could read my blog....and in fact, I could go anywhere on the web....I just could not sign onto the back page of my blog ....which is essential if you want to put up a new post. :) We tried alot of things including many, many e-mails back and forth with out Internet filter people. (Is that a title? Internet filter people?) Everyone was at a loss in how to help me. So my blog became for the most part neglected and I spent my free time on the computer connecting with people on Facebook. How fun to find old friends and family members that you have not seen in years! But last weekend we were at Sarah's house....and her husband may not be a computer technician, but he knows more about what makes a computer run than most of us. I had our laptop with me and I told him about our problem and asked him if he had any thoughts about how to fix it. So he took the laptop and I went on talking to Sarah (we talk ALOT when we are together) and didn't think too much about the computer. I really did not have much hope Paul could fix it as we had tried a lot of things over the last two months to remedy the problem. But lo and behold....in less than five minutes he handed me the computer back fixed! WOOHOO!! I was so happy to sign onto Pleasant Places! I am anxious to look at all my favorite blogs that I had bookmarked but couldn't see. And now I want to get back in the habit of blogging regularly. It is hard though to re-establish old habits...know what I mean?

But before I resume my blog ramblings, here is the wonderful brother-in-law who fixed our blogging problem....and in case you didn't know, he is married to the greatest and prettiest sister in the world....(no comments from my husband allowed on that one! LOL)



I am overwhelmed with all the pictures I need to go through, so I just selected a few quick favorites to post for tonight...

We made a Christmas calendar with my Mom. I will tell more about the "why" during the Christmas season (I love Christmas! Almost as much as Mandy *wink*) but Sarah and I both love this picture of our wonderful Mom and the memories that it represents. I praise our great God for my wonderful Mom...




This is my Aunt Viney and Uncle Lowell...I had not seen them in years and they came to Maine to visit us!!!! What a precious time we had together! I am thrilled that my children got to know these special people. What an important role they have played in my life. I love them so very much and am humbled and honored they drove so far to come be with us. I love you, Uncle Lowell! I love you, Aunt Viney!



My parents came to visit!!!! What priceless memories were made! Grandpa specializes in donuts and ghost stories....and the children are still talking about them! Grandma seeks every opportunity to make a memory and make each child feel special as an individual. They overwhelmed us with love, gifts and thoughtfulness in a thousand ways during the days we shared together. I only wish everyone could be as loved as I have been....I have no reason in this world to ever complain.



Look at these sweet cousins....They always have a good time together.....



So much more to tell. We traveled to West Virginia and made some great stops along the way...including Hershey's Chocolate World. (My daughter will never be the same!) We do not travel much (who wants to with car sick children?) so this trip was a big deal! I will share some pictures soon.

I will sign off for now. I still have blogs I want to read...but I just want to say that I am glad to be back!



Chat with you later...



Thanks for stopping by,

8 comments:

  1. So glad Paul was able to fix your blog! Computers can be sooo annoying! ha ha! Love them and hate them all at the same time! And definitely not user friendly at times! Soooo nice he knew what the problem was! Whooo Hoo! Way to go Paul! =)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back. So glad you were able to spend extra time with those you love. I thoroughly enjoyed my few minutes with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! I didn't know you had computer troubles. I was even thinking yesterday that Sarah actually managed to post more than you did lately! LOL Well, I'm glad you're back and glad that you got to have a lot of family moments lately. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh of relief* I am SOOOOO happy to see your blog up and running...was beginning to shake....oh wait..that's the meds...hahahah... YOU WERE IN HERSHEY AND YOU DIDN"T TELL ME?!?!?!?!?? That is not that far from my house :( Would have loved to have seen you guys again. Did Paul tell you what was wrong with your laptop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!!
    Tried so hard to stay up last night to read your new post, but Paul was ready for bed before you posted! :) SO GLAD to have you back!!!! Am looking forward to you getting back in the HABIT of REGULARLY blogging!! We don't want Angela to think I blog more than you!! :D Have a great day! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful life you lead! So glad to read about it today :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you post a new blog as for me i am neglected mine having to much fun on facebook on my farm but i will post one very soon trying to fine something i want to post. glad paul was able to fix your computer and you are back but most of all i glad you all had a good time spending time to just get togather with family and friends glad you all had a good time so sorry the kids got sick. as i know it hard to have a good time when you have sick kids but over all glad it something you never forget and you had time to stop at the choc. factory how yummy as choc and more choc. love ya waiting to see more have a good day bye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie