My own perception of the world has been mighty small as I have been housebound. Our youngest came down with heavy congestion while we were in West Virginia. By the time we reached home he was healing up, but then the others starting coming down one by one with sore throats, ear aches, fever, runny noses and headaches. By this last Friday morning the last fever broke and by Friday evening everyone was improved enough to play and run. The house was LOUD again with noise and laughter...and it was wonderful to hear all the joy after so much quiet.
Saturday morning had me excited at the prospect of seeing all my dear friends at church and I mentally started preparing and thinking through what needed to be accomplished to have everything and everyone ready on Sunday morning. But Jonathan kept complaining of a stomach ache and laid on the couch all day. This was not a symptom that anyone had had during this past week. Sunday morning brought definite stomach flu symptoms (No need to elaborate!) and so I am home again. My pastor husband offered to stay home for a change as long as I preached. I always have alot to say, but thought it would be wise to decline the offer. ;)
I am praying that this new "bug" does not go through the household and would covet your prayers. I keep joking that I do not know if life exists beyond the mail box as it has been eight days since I have been off the property. I have not been on my weekly date with my husband in a month! That is very unusual for us as we make our weekly time together a high priority. But with visiting family, traveling out of town, and illness we have not gone out alone in a long while. But we are going out together tomorrow (I LOVE my babysitter!) and you may hear me cheer when I go beyond the mailbox. :)
By the way, please don't take it the wrong way. I LOVE being at home caring for my children. I love being there for them when they want Mommy. I really can live and function like a normal human being even when I do not get to go to Wal*Mart once a week (contrary to popular belief). But I will be excited to enter the human race again. Being a hermit needs to be a temporary condition for me.
With all that said, I had fun looking through recent pictures of my kids BEFORE all this sickness began...pictures when they all were living life "full steam ahead"....and I am glad that they seem to be rapidly returning to normal.
This picture was taken at a Civil War battlefield cemetery...
My precious daughter...
Ryan....this kid is always ready for anything...
Joshua...his smiles lights up our family...and he is really talking now!
Jack and Joshua at Aunt Sarah's house...
Ricky...
Wish you could hear the laughter that accompanied these shots. Jonathan was especially having a great time...
This boy certainly loves his Daddy...
And the real reason I have kept my sanity this last week...
I am so glad God made dark chocolate! ;)
Happy Thanksgiving week!
Thanks for stopping by,










This is such a lovely, loving, honoring family blog. You should be proud of all your fabulous work.
ReplyDeleteKathy
So glad that most everyone seems to be on the mend! I COMPLETELY understand about needing to get out! LOVE being home with my babies but everyone needs to get out of the house every once in a while!! It keeps us sane! =) Great Pics!!! Glad you are back bloggin!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everyone is on the mend. Have a wonderful time on your date today! Woo-hoo!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping, but the idea of only one child getting the stomach bug is more like a fairy tale, isn't it? Just the thought of the stomach bug makes me shiver in dread. I'm so sorry for you. I'll pray for you.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. And the dark chocolate makes me smile. Chris loves it, too! The darker, the better. I prefer mine black, as in licorice. :)
I am glad to read that your children are getting better. No one likes to see their children ill. It is sometimes nice to slow down a bit.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you are in for another round. Praying super hard that they all don't get sick! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSO sorry your still dealing with illnesses. It's been a tough year, hasn't it? Hope it is over with quickly. Have fun on your date!
ReplyDeleteHmmm.....you forgot that you saw me on your trip to West Virginia! I love the picture of your mom working on the calendar. It's a great memory for me as well. Can't wait for you to come back and see me more than you did! Praying you all will be completely healthy and well!
ReplyDeleteSandy =)
hello! i am so glad that the kids's are all on the mends it been one of those years when flu hits and as not just at your home at mine to as i been so sick with the cold flu and i know how it is when you or the kids are sick and just can't get out of the house you get cabin fever no fun at all!!! but hopeful no one will get sick for a while i hope will pray as i always do for you and your family. love the pictures. love you.
ReplyDeleteLoved all the pictures of the family....how do we get mom in some of these? So thankful most of you are on the mend. I can't remember the last time I heard you so sick. Much love to all, Mom
ReplyDelete