Sunday, August 9, 2009

You Are Loved

I love to be loved.

Don't we all?

I do not know what it would be like to live without love. I have never spent a day in my life without the awareness that I am special to many "someones" in my life. I receive constant affirmations of God's love, Rick's love, my parent's love, my children's love...and on the list goes.

Most of us have the same testimony, but some days we take it for granted. We fail to appreciate the ways we are shown love--especially the ways that God shows us He loves us. My word for the year (Amy's challenge) is Awareness. I want to be aware of God in my life. His love for me and His dealings with me.

God used a couple of special people in my life today to remind me once again that I am loved.

I had to stay home from church this morning...Ugh! I love church! I love God's people! I love the singing! I love sitting under my husband's preaching!

And I was feeling a bit left out. My husband came home from church with a wrapped present...for me! I opened the card and found out it was from Mandy.

I received some "penguin love" all the way from Maryland!



Don't you just love it when someone does something "just because they were thinking about you?" A special thank you to my special friend and fellow blogger for lifting my spirits today!


And my husband proved(again!)that he loves me...

I usually do some type of crock pot meal on Sunday for a lot of obvious reasons, but I had a package of steaks in the freezer from some sale and thought they would be scrumptious grilled. I asked my husband this morning if he would be willing to grill steaks after dropping off his van route in the afternoon and he said "yes." I had a side prepared and ready when he walked in the door and he immediately went and grilled the steaks. Smelled so yummy!!

He came inside and I went to make him a plate of food. He politely refused and said he was going to his office. Having never known this man of mine to turn down a steak I, of course, questioned him.

He is fasting today.

I usually know about this kind of thing ahead of time, but didn't today. So, unknowingly I asked him to cook steak. And he sweetly complied. And told me to enjoy it as he kissed me and headed out the door.

I am so loved!

I know God doesn't have favorites, but do you feel sometimes you got an extra dose of His all-consuming love?

Actually, we receive this love every day, but often fail to recognize it all around us.

So...take some time and be aware of God's love and goodness to you today.

And please know..

...you are loved!!


Thanks for stopping by,



Note to Mandy...how did the interview go this afternoon? And thanks again for my Americana wall hanging! I love you!

Note to Paula...I am going to do that post, but will have to do my counting very carefully! ;) I am so glad we each have a message box! May the message war continue! Love ya!

6 comments:

  1. Awww!! I am so glad you got it! My interview went so much better than I could have asked for. I was pleasantly nervous, but an excited nervous. The manager was very kind, and is starting me out at a much higher rate than I even dreamed of. I start next Monday!! God is so good!!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, you know how that counting can be:)

    I love your post! It went along with tonights sermon by Bro Campbell.
    Have a great wk :)

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder! I was just reading a book this afternoon that talked about God's love for us - and I was overwhelmed to realize it once again!

    Sweet hugs from the Lord for you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Jennie i love all the thing god has done for u when you was young it's just a good reminder that our big god can do so little things in our lives thanks for telling me that story i love it see you on wed night love ya Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. Walter,
    It was so good to read your blog and see all the pictures of the kids! I miss them so much! I think of you and your family often and cherish the time I've spent with you; and hope there will be many other times!
    I'm going back to school soon... sniffles..already missing momma! :)
    I'll keep in touch... love you!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminders of God's love are all around us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie