What a perfect day it has been....delightful in every way!
My day started with my very thoughtful children decorating the kitchen for me. They even made balloon hats and animals! They had set out the special birthday plate for me to use today. Our birthday celebrations are full of special traditions and they wanted to make sure Mommy didn't miss out on any of them. What a precious way to start my day!
My husband presented me with another Willow Tree. I love these sculptures as they depict family relationships. I only get one or two a year and the ones I receive always mean something. I do not just blindly collect every Willow Tree available. This one is called "Anniversary-Love Ever Endures." My husband reminded me once again that we are going to grow old together. We have all kinds of plans for when we are old! I used to dread growing old, but I rather look forward to it now! ;) Thank you, Sweetheart, for this thoughtful gift!
I started receiving phone calls and one of them was my wonderful parents wanting me to open the gift they had sent to me. I opened this while I was talking to them....
My Mom has worked for several months on this very special scrapbook for me!!
It contains many letters of love and encouragement. It also has many pictures of precious friends and family. I was overwhelmed to hear from so many who have loved me and invested in me. I cry easily when something touches my heart and today was certainly no exception!
Thank you, Daddy, and thank you, Mom, for this priceless gift. I feel so very loved! (And I am looking forward to the fact that you are adding to my scrapbook each year. Thank you!)
My day has been full and overflowing of good things. We held services at the assisted living center we go to on Fridays. We went to Friendly's for lunch. The children were very excited that I was sung to by the employees. They were so delighted that the manager came back to our table to teach the children the Friendly's birthday song....and I heard it the rest of the day! They also enjoyed the helium balloons I was given by the employees. ;)
We stopped at a park on the way home, then came home where I gave 5 haircuts. We had a relaxing supper. Then it was cake time. Daddy and Ryan decided that the cake needed all 38 candles! Hmmmmmm! >:( I endured several fire department jokes...
I cannot begin to tell you about all the phone calls, e-mails, blog comments, snail mail, etc. I have received today! Tonight some precious friends brought over some of my favorite baked goods.
It truly is a joy to go through life when you are as rich in friends as I am! Thank you for being my friend!!
And for my Mom....you asked about my camera a couple of different times, so here is a picture.

And to my new friend, Susan...I am thrilled to meet a kindred spirit! I especially thrill at meeting pastor's wives. I plan on answering your e-mail, but have been busy....I am looking forward to getting to know you better.
Thanks for stopping by,










How fun! Birthday are always such memorable events!!!!! I am so glad to hear yours was very special. Here's to many more!!!
ReplyDeletehi Jennie just wanted you to know that i think that your day was so blessed and i love the srcapbook that your mom and dad did for you and love the willow tree and glad you got to go out to eat and your children decorating your kitchen but i love that ryan and pastor put 38 candles on your cake and i am so glad you had a great day and a great birthday see you sunday love ya Joanne
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure your scrapbook is! I would have cried just like you did. And the Willow Tree . . . another beautiful thing! I have a select few too, and they are so special. You had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the little note at the end. Please take your time answering the email! :)
I'm so glad to hear that your birthday was enjoyed in such a special way.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful day! I'm glad you were spoiled on Your day. Happy Birthday again.
ReplyDeletePaula
You certainly are blessed! You have a wonderful family. Loved the scrapbook.
ReplyDeleteHi Jennie - it was so neat to read through all your posts and get to know your family. Rachel is very lucky to have all those brothers to take care of her! Not that it sounds like she needs it! If Sarah and her family are still there, please say hello for me.
ReplyDeleteI hope you realize what an inspirational mother and wife you are.
Love always,
Rhonda
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. That Willow Tree figurine is beautiful. I don't have any of those myself, but there are a couple I'm planning to acquire in the years to come. I just think they are precious.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I'm glad we've found each other through the world wide web! It's been great catching up with your famiy and reading your blog.