Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Conversation and Pictures...

Usually when I start a post I have an idea of what I want to say, but today I have so many random thoughts I am not sure where I am going. (Quiet! I hear your comments from here!) :) If you enjoy random conversation then this may be the post for you!

We had a super busy, extremely wonderful weekend! I am still playing "catch-up" from recent events. By the time I catch up it will be time to prepare for the even busier weekend ahead. With that said, I will try to catch up some things here on the blog that I have wanted to write and/or do...

We, too, are enjoying all the fresh fruits of summer. Ricky was so excited to make a colorful fruit plate for lunch. Each child makes their own favorite combination. God makes such beautiful colors!



Bramma, look at what I found!! Ahhh, such fun memories....



Bramma, Thank you so much for telling me about the little yellow duck! How precious and comforting to know that!

And in my most recent post I talked about my doll party. If I made it sound like my Mom was unenthusiastic, that is not the impression I meant to give. I just meant that I really remember Grandma jumping on the band wagon. (Sorry about that, Mom!) ;)

One of our wonderful college young men goes back to college this next week. :( We are sad but are so thankful for the time we had with him these past three months. He came over tonight for games and dinner. In preparation, Rachel wanted to make the brownies all by herself. She has always helped, but she did not want any help today. Drum roll, please for the finished product!!!!!





Our washing machine is not working and we do not expect to see a repairman until Thursday. With no money for the laundromat temporary panic set in....until I remembered about Jaynee! Her inspiration and "can-do" attitude saved our day! We took her idea and used it in our bath tub. My children laughed so much and are begging to do more laundry tomorrow. It was especially fun as the weather here is hot. Thank you, wonderful Lockwoods, for sharing your ideas and positive spirit!





This past Sunday we had our annual Patch the Pirate Awards Party. I love kids and I love parties! We had a great time! One of the highlights of this annual event is the appearance of "Pastor Pirate." He has a great "piratey" accent. He helps give out awards and he tells the children a Bible story with a pirate twist. This year's Bible story was Jonah. I am so thankful for my husband and how he not only allows me to have a ministry, but goes out of his way to support it and make it successful. And I must say that I LOVE working with my ter-Rick-fic man!





The kids (and some of the Dads!) love getting their picture taken. Here are some of the best...

Bro. Joe...



Rachel, my little lady....



Hana, Rachel's best friend and another little lady....



Cheri...



Kemuel...



Nahzel...



Jesse...



Jonathan...




Bro. Chris, the guy who does amazing flips (I am sorry I did not get video, Amy!! LOL)...




I made a lot of pirate balloon swords!! Here is one of the last ones of the day...



And one cute dog "just because"....



This is our Treasure Chest! It has treasure inside. We had a Treasure Hunt to find the key. This is a highlight for the kids! Inside were pirate party favor bags filled with snacks and small pirate toys...




I loved the pirate paperware we found at the Dollar Tree! God cares even about pirate details...







Some of our sailors...





Joshua had a great time taking in the day....



And speaking of my Joshua...He is adding words almost daily now! Yeah!! He now uses the words toast, horse, hot and 'cuz all on his own. Even the kids cheer and laugh each time he expands his vocabulary. We have waited a long time to hear him talk and we are thrilled that he is finally choosing to do so.


One of the awards given. The children who earned these crosses will be turning them in at a local ice cream parlor for free ice cream! Yummy!



There are so many pictures I wanted to take, but couldn't because I was running the program. Our oldest five children are all in Patch Club and earned a lot of awards. I was very proud of each of them and the hard work represented from the last year. Ricky and Rachel took the top honors and each won the "Sailor of the Year" medal. This is something they earned themselves. I refuse to "push" a child into winning with constant reminding and helps. (Maybe a future blog post subject?) I am proud of their character and diligence. Way to go!

And one sweet blessing of the day was that the children and some of the parents had put together a scrapbook for me. What a precious surprise and keepsake! What an honor to serve these wonderful people! As I led the children Sunday night during the service for their monthly special I was overwhelmed once again that I have the opportunity to serve the Lord and invest my life in others. I pray that the songs the children sing and the verses they learn will bury themselves deep in their hearts and help keep them close to the Lord throughout the course of their lives.


This is the game that has currently taken over my kitchen. I am in charge of keeping the snacks coming! ;) The nice thing is that no one is rushing me off of the computer. :)




Happy Anniversary to this cute couple! I love my sister and am so grateful for the wonderful man that God has given her. Sarah, I hope your day was super special! And in honor of this great ocassion I am hoping that Sarah does a new blog post! (Hint! Hint!) If you would like to wish Paul & Sarah a happy anninversary and/or if you would like to encourage her in her blogging endeavors you may do that here. (I love you, Sarah!!)



If you want to try something fun for your kids, check this out here and here. It is called Flubber. I cannot wait to try it! I also added the links to my sidebar.


My "little guys" asked if they could eat in the living room since the kitchen was overrun. When I said "yes" Jonathan went running through the house in unbridled excitement yelling, "Mommy said yes! Mommy said yes!" I remember Mrs. Marlene Evans teaching that Mommys often have to say "no" to things, but that we should strive to say "yes" as much as possible.

May we all strive to show love to those in our lives by saying "yes" as much as possible. Even if it is inconvenient. We only have one chance to live today. Make it count!


Thanks for stopping by,



Special Notes:

Mandy, I hope your second day of work was more exciting than the first!

Marisa, I am glad you are back in "Bloggerland" as I had missed your posts. I missed seeing you while you were in Maine...

Amy, I am dreaming of Parmesan Chicken! I hope a recipe is coming soon! Or you could send Elisabeth to visit....

And finally, a pet peeve of mine is when I go to post a comment on a friend's blog and I have to do that word verification. Would someone please tell me why it is so great so I will no longer be iriitated with it? And, yes, I already know all about Psalm 119:165! ;)

I am finished with my "randomness." Thanks for listening....and feel free to "chat" back!

10 comments:

  1. FINALLY!! We have waited 4 whole days for you to post about your weekend!! If you could please be a little more considerate of us and post more frequently, we all would appreciate it!
    Love all the pics and especially the pirate "dishware" you had for the party!
    Cannot wait to see you soon.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comments going through my mind are endless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I did not even recognize Kemuel! How fast they grow!!!

    Thank you for all the encouragment! It is getting better and will be a great job once I get in the swing of things! My cats hate me right now though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and the captcha helps prevent SPAM and hackers. It is annoying, but replacing your hard drive is much more of a nuisance! You might enjoy reading more about them here...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello i sure glad that you finly post lol i been waiting i love all the things you do to poston the blog u put a lot of time and feeling into it so thanks.
    i do hope you get your washer fixs soon i know how that is when it don't work i will pray it gets fixs soon.
    I want to say thanks to u and pastor for making the patch club party a great time and i am so glad the scrapbook you enjoyd it thats because we all love ya
    let me know if you can help me do my blog on thurs you canlet me know by sending me an email at jstjct@yahoo.com or call me or let me know on wed night love ya bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jennie, I loved your post and hearing all about your wkend.

    The pictures were great.

    As to your question about the code thing I've not idea. It is an aggravation though :) Maybe I'll remove it....hum.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your randomness, especially the Patch stuff. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post! That patch party looked great! What cute little plates and really all the decorations were great! How fun for them. I love when churches have some much great stuff for the kids!! Very fun!

    I know. Wish I could of made it over. The only day we came out of our cocoon was Thursday and we had soooooo many errands! Dad ending up having to go to two docs that day and by the time we got to Winthrop to get his meds he wasnt feeling well at all. I did get to see how much your town is booming though! What a beautiful new grocery store!! Very nice! And WOW that Post Office is Beautiful in Winthrop! Crazy to see ALL that places that are no longer there though! ... Anyways.. Hopefully next summer! Im hoping for a july visit! I have never been to the Yarmouth Clam Festival and Im determined to go this coming year!!!

    Now I just gotta get caught up on all my blog reading... =) have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The party looked like so much fun! What great memories for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm enjoying all the pictures and news from your blog. Do you have to do word verification on my blog? I disabled it as it makes me crazy too! Now that you mentioned it, I wondered if it was for sure turned off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie