And did you know that birthdays are the leading cause of aging? The more birthdays you have, the older you get! Stop have birthdays and the age problem takes care of itself! (But I like having birthdays, so I guess I will deal with the aging part...) ;)
Here is a photo taken not long after I was born. I think I have such cute parents! Dad is hunched over a bit...there is an 18 inch height difference between my Dad and Mom.

My husband and I were both born in 1971. I am about 6 weeks older than Rick, but it might as well be 6 years for all I hear about it! ;) With that in mind, I thought I would share a few fun facts from 1971.
A loaf of bread cost $.25, a gallon of gas was $.40 and a gallon of milk was only $1.17!
A new car was $3,560 and a new house was $25,200.
Average income was $10,622.
The president was Richard Nixon.
Evel Knievel sets a world record and jumps 19 cars. (Used to love playing with Chris and Tony's Evel Knievel toys!)
And with birthday cake coming up, I thought I would show you the cake masterpieces my cute cousin Tony (He still has hair!) and I created with my Easy Bake Oven many years ago...

Have a great day!!
Thanks for stopping by,










Happy Birthday to you!! And how cute is your mom in that picture!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you! I love seeing pictures like that!
ReplyDeleteI have an award for you on my blog. Besure to stop by and get it.
Love you
Happy birthday Jennie and wanted you to know that i love the picture you were so cute. may you have a blessed birthday filled with love and joy that comes your way may god give you many blessing and happyness but take some time and thank god for this day again Happy birthday love Joanne
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the pictures!! I was thinking the same thing about your mom ... adorable in that pic!! Love the pic of your cakes!! Hope you get spoiled rotten today!!
ReplyDeleteShe's not spoiled rotten, she'st rotten! Rick
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Jennie! Hope your day is wonderful. Love the pictures! Tony's still good in the kitchen. And yes, I did recognize him with hair - ha! Those long ago days.
ReplyDeleteYour opening sentences crack me up.
Happy Birthday to you!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!! I'm also six weeks older than my husband . . . and he gives me a hard time about it too! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jennie,I love the pictures, especially the one of you and my cute boy!!!! Love, Aunt Dee
ReplyDeleteOoh, what a cute little boy your cousin is! The kids made me print it off and stick it on the fridge. They got a big kick out of it.
ReplyDeleteI have neglecting my blog surfing lately so tonight I just read your post on your brother. How very touching and very sad. That's a lot for a girl that age to go through. Thank you for sharing your memories with us. I cried with you.
Oh, yes, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Ha! I am 25 days older than my husband, and for 25 days he loves to remind me of that fact! Glad I have someone to share in my misery! Hee-Hee!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday
ReplyDelete