Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bits and Pieces of Our Life...

Life has been delightfully normal for several days in a row. Can you hear my sigh of relief? This is, of course, a temporary arrangement...there are several "routine-busters" looming on the horizon that will be here soon. :)

Last night Daddy had a meeting so the kids and I ate pizza and ice cream and played a Nancy Drew game. We had a lot of fun together! Besides, you can never go wrong with pizza and ice cream! ;)

Here are a few random pictures I have never posted....

One of many, many rain pictures I hve taken this summer. This is what we have seen out our front window more times than we have cared to count. But I have reminded the children repeatedly that I would rather have "too much" rain than not enough. (But if God is the One who gives the rain, who are we to say that it is "too much"?)



I have enjoyed so many wild flowers from my children and the children at church. This is just one of many arrangements that I have enjoyed in recent days. (All that rain brought beautiful flowers...)



My desk chair has not been much to look at....



...and some friends at church dropped this off for me! I did not even know they knew about my sad looking chair. They found this at a yard sale. I am loved! God is so good to supply all our needs----and some extras, too!



The one thing I am "famous" for...chocolate chip cookies. My kids love these better than all other cookies. I am going to make them another batch after they see this and give me five good reasons why I should in the message box in my sidebar. (This should be fun...I love you, Ricky, Ryan, Rachel, Jack, Jonathan and Joshua!)



Ryan thinks he found the frog that was climbing our window a couple of weeks ago. It is a cute frog...but the boy sure is handsome. ;)




I am getting ready to leave to teach Patch Club. That is definitely one of the highlights of my week! Teaching is such a joy!

I trust that you will have a wonderful time with God's people tonight.

And as always...

Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

  1. so happy to "see" your new office chair! what a blessing! and the kids sure are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new chair. That other one was pretty sorry looking. What a blessing!!
    You're right. That boy is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new chair!
    Pizza and Ice cream sure are a winner in this house!
    Nancy Drew, Tabitha loves those games and she's a SR in highschool.
    Church was awesome tonight! Bro Domellee filled the pulpit while Preacher is on vacation! It was great to hear him preach again.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so sweet that you are so love the chair is a wounderful gift it look so new like it came from a store nothing wrong from a yard sale i love yardsales they are so good and you find just what god wants you to fine sometimes. the cookies are so yummy thats my down fall is choc. but it so good . the picture of ryan is so handsome aswell much better then the frog love ya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie