
Hi!
I know...it's been awhile.
But I have not forgotten about my blog....honest.
It is one of those things always in the back of my mind. A nagging thought that never lets up.
But I had a goal these past few months that was very important to me and I purposefully let some things go during that time. The blog was one of them.
But now I am here.
I told my children I was blogging today. They went into their most dramatic acting as they faked heart attacks. If I wasn't so dead set against Hollywood I would nominate these kiddos of mine for an Oscar. (Do those come with a cash prize?)
So why the sabbatical?
I concentrated on home schooling.
We have home schooled for several years now. And I love it. I love spending my days with my children. I love teaching and working with them. I love organizing and filing. I love visuals and field trips. But I have always struggled with our schedule.
I know ladies who home school more children than me and still seem to have free time every day....but I could not figure out how to help every child get everything done each day. It seemed like we were always doing school and yet we were never as far in our work as I thought we needed to be. I sought advice and counsel, but nothing seemed to fit or work for us.
This year has finally been better. We have made minor changes. I gave up a few things. I relaxed a lot about the little things. And it finally seems to be coming together more like I thought it should be. It still is not perfect, but I am sooooo happy for the changes that have been made. We still have things we are working on to make better, but improvements are being made. I still need to learn to relax more and not let lists dictate my life, but I am making strides. And I am very thankful as children blossom better in a more relaxed environment. And so do the parents! ;)
A year ago a precious friend I have not seen in years sent our family a gift card for a photo session. What a thoughtful gift! The arrival of this card coincided with another arrival in our household...the swine flu. The first arrival was gladly welcomed. The second was not. So the gift card was set aside and forgotten. But during our Christmas break from school last month we finally got to use it. What a fun experience that was for us! Our last family portraits were taken before Joshua was even thought of, so we were way overdue!
So now for updated pictures of the six reasons why I spend my days like the Apostle Paul. (...I put away childish things. I Cor. 13:11) ;)
Ricky, Age 13

Ryan, Age 12

Rachel, Age 10

Jack, Age 8

Jonathan, Age 6

Joshua, Age 4

My life is full. My heart is content. I love being their Mommy!

I have missed you and I have missed being here. It is nice to be back.
Thanks for stopping by,










*sigh* What a wonderful surprise to come home at the end of a long day of work and see a new blog post! Thank you for making my day!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures came out fantastic! And you are right what a wonderful gift!! Very thoughtful! Glad you are back. Totally understand the need to do other things first though! =) I have so much that I want to blog but each day there are just not enough hours in the day! =)
ReplyDeleteGreat to read your blog post today! Hope you have a great rest of the week!
So glad you shared you photos! You have a great looking bunch of kiddos!
ReplyDeleteWhoa, I can't believe it! Do I know you???
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you post again. Your children are growing up! I enjoyed seeing their faces again. And I enjoyed reading your post. I am glad that you have chosen what was needful and are seeing good results. It is hard to "put away childish things" sometimes as a mother. I love how you applied that verse - so true.
I cleaned out our top dresser drawer this week and found a couple of notes you wrote your "cuz" in college. They brought a smile to my face.
Love you, my friend!
Amy
so I love the pictures and I can't believe how much she looks like you, I hope she is as sweet as you. Its nice to see a blog post and see that all is well with you. take care, love your cuz
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I know I just saw your family in October, but how they have grown!!! Rachel is absolutely beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the family pic.
Love you,
Paula
Good Morning to My Loved ones,that was a beautiful picture and the Newsletter is a treaure.
ReplyDeleteHugs,Hugs, Hugs
Bramma
What a wonderful blog to relax and enjoy. I was listening today to a song with words about the many rich blessings of a family..so many are reflected right here. How I love each one of you and are so thankful. God has blessed me more than I can say. Love to those beautiful children and to the loving and Godly parents that give so much to them. Mom
ReplyDeleteYea! Love it! I feel inspired to resurrect my blog....sometime soon! :) I love you!
ReplyDelete