Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Best Boxes UPS Ever Delivered.....

Sometime ago my husband embarked on getting his Master's Degree in Biblical Studies. My husband finds great enjoyment in studying and furthering his education. (So much unlike me!) He finished and received his degree last year.

The final quarter of the school year required writing a very extensive and very involved paper. He has wanted to put it in book form and we just recently were able to financially do that. Woohoo! :) What an exciting day when UPS pulled in our driveway to deliver these very special boxes.



"The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul..." Proverbs 13:19a

This is the look of "the desire accomplished."



I had the privilege of setting up a book table for my ter-RICK-fic man at church. We set up a book table whenever a pastor or missionary comes through, but my husband was so self-conscious about us doing one for him! He even had to announce it from the pulpit. He tends to have this peaceful self-confidence about him all the time, so it was especially sweet to see him not sure how to promote his own book. ;) But I have no problems telling the world! And I loved running his book table!



Wow! Is that really my husband's name on there? Sweetheart, I am so proud of you for setting this goal and seeing it through. What a great influence you are on our six precious children!



Warm weather has begun to make an appearance here in our neck of the woods. I must admit that I love my air conditioners! I love having a cool haven in hot weather. I love nap times still being an easy and pleasant experience for my young ones even when the thermometer is climbing outside. I know I am spoiled. I love many of the modern conveniences available to us. You can keep the "good old days"....I like cars, cell phones, air conditioners, indoor plumbing and on the list goes. (Though I am well aware that the morals of the "good old days" would be a good thing!)

Putting in the air conditioners here requires some real effort and is NOT on my husband's "favorite things to do list." That list contains things like hunting and golfing. But he loves me and so he does it. Bro. George came to help him and I am grateful to them both!



By the way, please pray for our good friend, Bro. George. He and his wife have been a part of our church and lives since I was a teenager. His wife passed away just last month. He has a lot of adjustments he is facing.

Ricky and Ryan saw me taking pictures and went to great lengths to remind me of the important part they played in putting in air conditioners. They were the "go-for's" of the project as daddy kept telling them to "go-for" this and "go-for" that. So in the spirit of giving honor to whom honor is due.....




A few more years and they will be putting in those air conditioners themselves.....Wait until you see the smile on Daddy's face then!

Thanks for stopping by,



By the way....If you would like to order any books, they are $10 plus $2.25 for shipping. If you send me your e-mail I will e-mail you our address.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by to visit. It is an honor to have you drop by. We would love to hear from you.
If you do not have a Google account you can still sign in by clicking on "anonymous". Just be sure to leave your name in your post so I know who stopped by.
Thanks again, Jennie